The Isles of Greece! 2012: Attica and the Northern Cyclades
But my island lies low
and away, last of all on the water
toward the dark, with the rest below facing east and sunshine,
a rugged place, but a good nurse of men; for my part
I cannot think of any place sweeter on earth to look at.
Homer, Odyssey 9.25-28
This course took place 22 May to
11 June 2012.
Click here for the prospectus,
more information email
Mr Lehmann at
email@example.com. Mr Lehmann wrote a review of this trip for our charter company.
The facebook page for the program has many photographs and comments.
Here are Clayton's photos of the salon of No Regrets and No Regrets under sail, the students on the Areopagus, and Ross reporting on the Battle of Marathon while we rafted in the Bay of Marathon.
Here are Kayla's photos of Sounium from the bay below and Karystus from the quarries we hiked up to from the bay and Clayton's shots of diving a wreck in the Paros-Naxos channel and of the students on the Areopagus and at the Corycian Cave.
What students said about this course
This course blew my mind! Also when Clayton says short hike be prepared for a 5 hour death march. And remember the rocks will always win. Words cannot describe how awesome this was, it rocked!
- Lots of fun would not change a thing. Paths are not always known so plan accordingly.
- Forget any reserve you have about this course and just go. It is so worth it; you learn a lot and bond with each other and the professors. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
- Bring good walking shoes with all the hikes you go on you will need them. You cannot bring enough sunscreen.
- I spent around 1000 euros. Also bring pants. Don’t always wear shorts. The terrain does not always adhere to shorts.
- This course was excellent! I have not only learned about when a lot of things began and how the Greeks live their lives, but I have learned to appreciate the small things and to take the time to think about my life.
- This is an excellent class for students to break out of a normal routine of class. It provides you with the opportunity to learn, build friendships, grow individually and bond with professors. I highly recommend this class to students.
- This course is awesome in every aspect. The journals forced me to think deeply on the subject matter of that day whereas I usually have mind lapse when leaving the classroom. I used only about 240 euros on personal expenses which was way less than others. You get sick of the boat food especially when the restaurant food is amazing. Bring way more euros.
- I really enjoyed this course. It was a great balance of intellect and enjoyment.I really enjoyed this course; we learned a lot about many topics, not just one. Advice to future students, bring athletic clothing, good shoes and socks. You will be walking and hiking everywhere! Do your course work early and don’t procrastinate. Savor every moment because it goes by so fast! You will fall in love with this country before you know it. Its one of the best experiences of my life. I have grown and matured so much in these three weeks. The course isn’t easy, but its worth it!!